We provide expert services in assessing a comprehensive range of problems experienced by children, teenagers and adults including
- ADHD – Includes problems with attention, concentration and focusing, hyperactivity, restlessness, impulsivity
- Anxiety disorders – Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD), Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Obsessive – Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Mood Disorders – Dysthymic Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder (MDD), Bipolar Disorder
- PTSD and Acute Stress Disorder – Includes problems arising problems with traumatic experiences such as physical and sexual abuse and exposure to violence
- Alcohol and other substance abuse problems
These assessments usually include comprehensive interviews(s) with the client and, if appropriate, family members. We also administer standardized questionnaires to better understand the nature and severity of the problems.
Following the completion of the assessment, we meet with the client or client’s parents to discuss the assessment results, conclusions and recommendations. Based on the parents or client’s preference, we can prepare a written report which includes the client’s reason for referral, background information, assessment results, conclusions and recommendations.